Position: OCT registered teacher with Special Ed. Background (Part-Time)
Rate: $40 – $50/hour
Bayshore Therapy & Rehab, NRIO School Resource Services is a service provided and designed for young people suffering the effects of an acquired brain injury; as such, teachers will be provided with information pertaining to the client’s deficits/recovery and how the client’s academic success has been impacted.
Currently seeking \ teachers in the Scarborough area who are able to provide individuals direct instruction in subject specific areas such Math and Science (at the secondary level in Bio/Chem/Physics). Teachers will be expected to provide 1:1 support in residential (in-home) or school setting, assisting with study/test taking strategies, curriculum review, lesson planning and assignment completion. Teachers will also be required to complete progress report/documentation on students’ progress.
Individualized academic goals are determined upon intake and re-evaluated regularly; however, teaching in this capacity requires ongoing collaboration with school administration and the students’ rehabilitation team to identify specialized supports needed in school (i.e. school accommodations, program modifications, and differentiated assessments (as/for/of learning).
- Bachelors of Education – OCT Registered
- 2-3 years working with adolescents with special needs (Grade 7 – 12)
- Familiarity with Ministry of Ontario Curriculum Expectations
- Comfortable communicating with multidisciplinary team (SLP, Social Worker, OT) and school administration regarding progress
- Must have valid criminal background check / vulnerable sector screening
- Provide flexible availability to accommodate students either work afterschool between 4:00pm – 8:00pm and weekends depending on student
request. Sessions will typically be 1 – 1.5 hours in duration, 1-2 times per week within the client’s home
Please note, cancellations and/or cessation of support is especially disruptive to the recovery of our clientele as they benefit from familiarity, structure and routine. Please do not apply if you are unable to commit for the duration of the school year (September-June).