As a District Health Services and Insurance Representative (DHR), you provide answers to some of the questions concerning the RTO/ERO Group Benefits Program. Other questions are referred to RTO/ERO and Johnson Inc. Section 2, Sources of Information, in your DHR Manual has the contact information. Your assistance as the DHR for your District is vital to the success of the benefit program available to RTO/ERO members.
As the RTO/ERO District Health Services and Insurance Representative, we suggest that you...
- Familiarize yourself with all the Plans available through the RTO/ERO Group Benefits Program.
- Coordinate presentations on the RTO/ERO Health Plans to the retired teachers and retired school board employees in your District and to potential members. These presentations should be generally informative rather than providing a forum for personal advice. Plan participants seeking specific personal advice should be encouraged to contact the Plan Administrator, Johnson Inc. or RTO/ERO. Please refer to Section 2 of your DHR Manual for all the contact information and telephone numbers.
- Arrange for formal or informal question and answer periods before, during, or after a District meeting or at a special meeting of an interested group.
- Publish important information regarding the Plans in your District newsletter and/or on your District website. Please note: to avoid misunderstandings, please contact Johnson Inc. or RTO/ERO with questions prior to printing information relating to the Health Plans in the District newsletters.
- Indicate in the Notice of Meeting when you will be available to answer questions or discuss the Plans.
- Conduct surveys in your District relating to present coverage, additional items, etc. The Health Services and Insurance Committee (HS&IC) welcomes comments and suggestions. All feedback is given serious consideration by the HS&IC at its meetings.
- Participate in completing any questionnaire sent out by the HS&IC asking for comments or suggestions, by involving as many of the District RTO/ERO members as possible.
- Liaise with the HS&IC regarding any aspects of the RTO/ERO Group Benefits Program.
- Arrange for an RTO/ERO Provincial Office staff person, a Johnson Consultant or an HS&IC member to assist with a Seminar in your District. Please refer to Section 2 of your DHR Manual for all the contact information and telephone numbers.